Friday, October 15, 2010

Culture Day!

Tuesday was culture day at my community's school. This means that kids get to dress up and dance! Soooooooo, they dressed up in a variety of costumes from indigenous cultures to chinese to spanish culture, and the assembly included some darn cute dances.



On that same note, I've begun to do a series of workshops with my counterpart on culture and tolerance in the school, so I think this day fell right in line with it. Hopefully, they made the connection.

At any rate, kids in costumes are cute.





2 comments:

Tom Stumpf said...

Cute, for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with the girl with the umbrella sitting next to a boy on the floor.

I'm a pcv in armenia and am thinking of extending to central america. I'd love to get in touch with you and ask some questions if you wouldn't mind. Could you shoot me an email? breadtobeeaten@gmail.com Thanks so much!