Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh, the things I will miss. And not miss. (In case you care).

With T minus six weeks before departure, I've begun to think of things I imagine I will miss, and not miss while in Costa Rica. Here is the very, very beginnings of a long, long list. I'm sure I will add things daily as they come to mind, but for now, here's a few (in case you care):

1. Seasons!
2. Scarves (but don't doubt I won't bring my fair share)!
3. Snowshoeing
4. Big furry winter boots
5. Wearing sweaters (okay, clearly, I like winter).
6. Friends/Family (obviously)
7. Hot showers
8. Mt. Sentinel and Pattee Canyon (missoula)
9. Everything else Missoula: biking everywhere, Kettlehouse, The Wilma, potlucks, seeing someone you know everywhere you go, Break Espresso, the inversion, the mountains, Clark Fork Farmers market, etc, etc.....
10. The view of Longs Peak from Macintosh Lake in my hometown of Longmont, Colorado
11. Cooking like mad
12. The imperial system of measurement (oh, how we get stuck in our ways)
13. Baths

Annnnnnd......

Things I will not miss, because you bet I will be bringing them:

1. My favorite, can't-live-without pair of cowboy boots OR one pair of non-peace corps-y shoes.
2. An eyelash curler (Uh-huh)
3. My polaroid camera
4. A yoga mat (albeit, a travel one) and therabands

That's all for now folks.

5 comments:

~Lynn~ said...

OH.MY.GOD...I was like, I think Becca should update her blog...even though she's not in CR yet....and so I went to your blog and it WAS updated. This is freaky weird.

~Lynn~ said...

Now I actually read the post...and first, you curl your eyelashes??? What? I feel like I don't even know you anymore :) And B, hmm...people here wear scarves all the time. Mostly to soak up the sweat, so maybe in CR they do too!

Rebecca said...

Oohhhoohhhh Lynn, an eyelash curler is one of my secret-totally-unlike-me indulgences. And you never know because well, I usually do it while getting ready, not typically during class or anything. : ) Thanks for stalking me, like I stalk you!

Anonymous said...

You know what I'm gonna miss?? The absence of bugs... in the house. I bet you didn't even realize that 'til I mentioned it, huh? ;)

Ditto on the hot showers.

I'll also miss my toaster oven. If my host family doesn't have one, I'm gonna get them one haha!

And I have this SUPER SOFT pillow!!..I'm gonna miss that too.

Anonymous said...

the eye lash curler made me laugh- my equivalent is my tweezers. so, our friends and family can rest assured that your eyelashes and my eyebrows will be perfect in costa rica :-)