Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Go Women!! (A photo exhibit and cafecito)

Yesterday was International Women’s Day….an entire day to celebrate women and the rights we have! Though every day should really be women’s day! ;)


I celebrated the day by organizing a women’s community photography exhibit in my town. I gave a camera to 11 women and asked them to photograph “What it means to them to be a woman.” Then they were then asked to write about the theme as well. I paired the writing with the photo and a portrait of each artist for an afternoon photo exhibit opening and cafecito on the big day. It was a success and the women seemed so happy to see their work up on the local bakery’s walls. The exhibit will be there the entire month of March. So if you’re in Copey, stop in the bakery! :)


Happy Women’s Day (to ALL)!!!!



settin' up...







Nine of the 11 women that participated, and myself!



the womens' photos and captions on the boards...


8 comments:

Joshua Hardester said...

cool project, Bean. It looks beautiful. Way to be a woman.

Tom Stumpf said...

You rock, Girl!!! :-)

Marian said...

Incredible project! Wonderful pictures. Wish I could stop in and see them in person!!! Sigh!

Katie Rand said...

Very cool idea, and what a group of talented photographers! Their work is stunning. I wish my computer would let me zoom in enough to read the blurbs about them!

Nicole said...

your photos are gorgeous. especially your aerial table with food shots. i love.

Liz Mahn said...

Oh wow, this is an amazing project. Great work!

mary said...

What a great project, Becca! Love it! Inspiración!

Anonymous said...

You are such a generous soul. Can't wait to snuggle.