Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beef and milk.....and electrocutions

Recently I watched a cow get slaughtered.

More recently, I milked one.

But first, I got electrocuted.

Yes, that's right, electrocuted. I firmly gripped an electric fence with two hands tight as fists as I said "Hola!" to my friend Rafa. You live and you learn. Orrrrr rather, you learn to watch for bright yellow signs that say danger. Then you laugh it off and chalk it up to a "cultural" experience.

Here's some pictures from the two latest experiences. Unfortunately I have none of me being electrocuted nor milking the cow.

**To clear up some confusion: Only the first two photos are of the cow being slaughtered. The rest are from the dairy farm. Alma did not get slaughtered.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get to eat the cow after you slaughtered it? Costa Rican cow looks pretty tasty...mmmm...Costan Rican cows....Cool pix--as always!!

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

Love these Becca! The portrait of the man and the cow is AMAZING. Nice work!

~Lynn~ said...

LOVE the last pic, of Alma. Was Alma the one that was killed? She looks pretty excited, perhaps because of your camera. Btw, did you know that I have a cow named after me? Yes, that's right - Lynn the cow. My cousin named her after me. Sweet, huh? Okay, random, random comments...I will move along. Yay, electrocutions.

marian stumpf said...

Was it Alma? Oh, saaaaadddd! Did you really watch?? Great pictures...tastefully done!

Mike Greener said...

Crank the volume of your photos chica. I want to see them bigger! Looks like fun. Hope you're well.